Advanced Custom LASIK
The Visx Star S4 Iris Registration Excimer Laser
Bringing Advanced Custom Vision to Life
The Visx Star S4 IR laser sets the industry standard for customized LASIK surgery. It is a fast and powerful laser and delivers precise levels of accuracty to optimize your treatment outcome
It is a true Custom treatment system that uses the CustomVue Wavefront technology to treat your eye
It Also is the only FDA approved Iris Registration technology used to compensate for rotations of your eye as well as pupil centroid shift.
CustomVue Wavescan LASIK Technology
- The wavescan uses a device called a Hartman Shack Aberrometer to measure unique imperfections in your eye and visual system. This information is used to make a fully unique and custom treatment of your prescription.
- Every treatment is completely unique
- It is true custom, or wavefront guided technology.
- In wavefront optimized technology used by the Allegretto laser, an aberrometer and wavescan device is not used to create a treatment for you.
- The Wavescan measurements are 25 times more precise than standard measurements for glases and contacts
- The Wavescan takes up to approximately 250 points of measurement to accurately measure and then to treat your prescription.
- If you compare the treatments below, these are three patients with similar myopia prescriptions of -2.25 diopters of myopia. With the Allegretto wavefront optimized laser, the unique imperfections of the prescriptions will not be treated and all three of the patients below would have recived identical treatments. With the VISX LASIK excimer laser they would have completely unique treatments.
Iris Registration LASIK Technology
- The eye can rotate clockwise or counterclockwise when we lay down.
- Most surgeons have compensated for this in other laser systems by manually marking the eye with a pen and using these manual marks to align the laser treatment
- The Visx laser has the first and only FDA approved automatic system to compensate for eye rotation. The laser uses infrared lights to capture the unique charateristics of the human iris. Using these marks, it adjusts for the rotation of the eye during your Orange County LASIK surgery.
Active Tracking LASIK Technology
- The Visx technology follows your eyes in an X (side by side), Y (up and down) and Z (in and out of socket) axis. If you move outside the range that the laser can track you it will stop within 5/1000 of a second!
Variable Spot Scanning (VSS) LASIK Technology
- This technology uses advanced math equations called Fourier algorithms to precisely optimize your treatment
- The laser beam spot size ranges from 0.65 mm to 6.50 mm. By changing the size of the laser energy, we are able to accurately use the correct energy depending on what type of change we wish to induce on your cornea. This is similar to a carpenter having many tools to create a project as opposed to just one. Laser systems that are not able to change the size of their laser pulses are more limited in the custom LASIK ablation that they can deliver.
Variable Reptition Rate (VRR) Technology
- The Visx Excimer Laser varies the rate and speed that it delivers it's custom energy. By regulating this, we are able to conserve corneal tissue and minimize thermal effects to the cornea.
Broadest Range of Custom Wavefront FDA approved technology for iLASIK
The STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser System and the WaveScan WaveFront System
are approved by the U.S. FDA for:
The STAR S4 IR Excimer Laser System is approved by the U.S. FDA for:
- The Visx Star S4 IR laser sets the industry standard for customized LASIK surgery. It is a fast and powerful laser adn delivers precise levels of accuracty to optimize your treatment outcome
- It is a true Custom treatment system that uses the CustomVue Wavefront technology to treat your eye
- It Also is the only FDA approved Iris Registration technology used to compensate for rotations of your eye as well as pupil centroid shift.
1. Data on file. AMO Development, LLC. CustomVue Procedure clinical trials submitted to the FDA; 2003, 2004, 2005 & 2007.
2. Greenberg K. WaveScan WaveFront system key to individualized LASIK treatment. Refractive Eyecare. April 2010.
3. Alcon’s Wavelight Allegretto Procedure Manual Addendum, August 2005.
4. Dai GM, Gross E, Liang J. System performance evaluation of refractive surgical lasers: a mathematical approach. Appl Opt. 2006;45(9):2124-2134.