iFS - Fifth Generation iLASIK technology
Better Technology for Better Vision
Not all lasers are created equal and having the best LASIK technology is pivotal to achieving the best vision and outcomes. The Orange County LASIK Institute is proud to offer Orange County's newest and most advanced fifth generation iLASIK technology. The Intralase laser has long been the industry leader for all laser LASIK. The iFS is the newest upgrade of the the Intralase laser. Just as major software and cars can upgrade, so do the LASIK lasers. The advances of the iFS LASIK laser include increased speed and safety. Dr. Pham can make a flap in as little as ten seconds with this new and advanced technology. At the Orange County LASIK Institute, we are committed to providing the newest technology for our patients at our Irvine office.
The Advantages of the iFS Intralase over the fourth generation Intralase and Ziemer LASIK laser flap systems include:
- Increased Flap Customization
- Increased Side Bevel Cut - Leading to stronger flaps
- Increased Speed (250% faster) than the fourth generation Intralase. This increased speed reduces the risk of flap complications compared to the previous all laser systems.
- Elliptical Flap Option
- Faster Corneal Regeneration and Healing
- Decreased dryness over the fourth generation Intralase
- Advanced Corneal Capabilities
Inverted Bevel-In Side Cut - Stronger FLAPS
- The inverted Bevel-In Side cut is customizable up to 150 degrees. This promotes flap strength, replacement, and adhesion. It provides optimal biomechanical stability in the post-LASIK cornea.
- Only Available in the iFS laser. It is not available for the Zeimer laser or the first four Intralase models
- Stronger LASIK flaps
- 3x more flap stability vs. a microkeratome during a flap lift
- Decreased flap gutter
- Nerves are closer so there is less loss of corneal sensitivity
- 250% Faster than fourth generation technology. The iFS
- Faster flaps for greater patient comfort
- Less risks of suction breaks or patient movement
- Less energy used due to increased speed.
- Flaps created in approximately 10 seconds.
Faster Patient Recovery
- Compared to the fourth generation Intralase and other LASIK technology, patients have a faster recovery.
- Patients also have less light sensitivity
- Since the flaps are mechanically stronger, patients can resume most normal activities by the next day!
The Orange County LASIK Institute is proud to offer this new fifth generation iLASIK technology. We are always commited to providing you with the best patient care and LASIK technology. Please schedule a FREE LASIK consultation to learn more about our LASIK technology and practice.
1. Knorz MC, Vossmerbaeumer U. Comparison of flap adhesion strength using the AMADEUS microkeratome and the IntraLase iFS femtosecond laser in rabbits. J Refract Surg. 2008;24(9):875-878.
2. Binder PS. AMO’s new iFS advanced femtosecond laser: faster, safer, more versatile. Refractive Eyecare. 2008.
3. Donnenfeld E. Preservation of corneal innervation with femtosecond laser inverted sidecut flaps. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010 51: E-Abstract 2855.
4. Data on file. Study conducted by Melvin A. Sarayba, MD.
5. Tanna M, Schallhorn SC, Hettinger KA. Femtosecond laser versus mechanical microkeratome: a retrospective comparison of visual outcomes at 3 months. J Refract Surg. 2009;25(7 Suppl):S668-S671.
6. Binder PS. One thousand consecutive IntraLase laser in-situ keratomileusis flaps. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2006;32(6):962-969.
7. Stonecipher K, Ignacio TS, Stonecipher M. Advances in refractive surgery: microkeratome and femtosecond laser flap creation in relation to safety, efficacy, predictability, and biomechanical
stability. Curr Opin Ophthalmol. 2006;17(4):368-372.
8. Kezirian GM, Stonecipher KG. Comparison of the IntraLase femtosecond laser and mechanical keratomes for laser in-situ keratomileusis. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2004;30(4):804-811.
9. Stahl JE, Durrie DS, Schwendeman FJ, et al. Anterior segment OCT analysis of thin IntraLase femtosecond flaps. J Refract Surg. 2007;23(6);555-558.
10. Steinert RF. Using IntraLase to improve penetrating keratoplasty. Refractive Eyecare. Feb 2007.
11. Price FW Jr, Price MO, Grandin JC, et al. Deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty with femtosecond-laser zigzag incisions. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2009;35(5):804-808.
The Orange County and Irvine LASIK Institute
3500 Barranca Parkway Suite 150
Irvine , CA 92606
Phone: (949) 450 - 2020
Fax: (949) 450 - 0040
© All content written and copyrighted by the Orange County Eye, Cataract, and LASIK Institute